Voting

Monday, February 1, 2010

The love Dare

I have always tried to seek out good friends in my life that build me up and make me a better person. I also believe that I tried to find those same qualities in the man I married. But am I that good friend to others, or am I especially loving to my husband? The truth of the matter is I don't feel that I am. I want to be that person so badly that can show love, and patience, and kindness all of the time, or at least most of the time, especially to my husband! So thanks to my friend Abbey I have accepted the challenge to read the book, "The Love Dare", and try to incorporate the teachings of it into my marriage. It is a 40 day challenge that after reading really does state the obvious, "challenge" being the key word! So today is my first day of the challenge, and just so you can gain insight into my mind.... I picked Monday as my start day because I would have less time with Matt and my kids, verses the weekend. Thus hopefully being able to meet the challenge presented on day 1. Sad I know, but this is going to be hard and I need some time to adjust. And I really want to be successful!!
Day 1---Love is patient
Today I will be completely patient in all things, and I will be completely successful because I am strong!
I have not told Matt that I am doing this challenge over the next 40 days, as I am hopeful that he will see a change in me on his own. I love him with all of my heart and I want to be the best wife to him. I may post a few of the challenges and my thoughts over the next 40 days, and maybe you too will be inspired to improve the relationships in your life. Oh, and by the way... I am hoping that I can incorporate these challenges to be a better mom also. Thus the Monday start! Wish me luck and prayers, because I need it!! Here's to a great 40 days to a better me on the inside!!

2 comments:

Myra said...

That's awesome! Good luck!

Jules said...

OK--definitely post the challenges and I'll try to do them with you.