Voting

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life's Little Blessings

Last Thursday Kelsey begged me to go eat lunch with her at school. I hesitated due to other obligations, but told her I would try. After some running around that morning, I decided I needed to make it there after all. I get tears thinking about the look on her sweet face when she saw that I had walked into the lunch room with Andrew and Dayton trailing behind me. We had such a great visit. She talked about so many things, and she just couldn't stop. I swear that girl can talk faster then any girl I know. I hugged her and left to get on with my day. Later that evening when I arrived home from my appointment filled day, I mentioned to Matt that I had stopped to have lunch with Kelsey. He told me that he already knew because Kelsey had run home and told him all about it. She was so excited about me bringing her a shake to eat and spending some time with her. Matt said as he listened to her, he could hear the excitement in her voice. My heart melted, and I truly was grateful for her sweet spirit! For there is no greater gift we can give our children, then the gift of time and love. Kelsey I know you will one day read this blog, and I want you to know how special you are! You are truly a special child with so much love! Thank you for being you! I love you so very much!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It is amazing how such a little thing to one person can be such a huge thing to someone else. Kudos on giving your daughter a memory to last forever!

Myra said...

Good story. Miss you guys. By the way ... this is Shawn not Myra.