Voting

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving and then some.......

I have been grateful for many things this Holiday season, especially my faith, family, and friends! I haven't always expressed that verbally, but in my prayers and in my heart, and soul, it rings true! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in our home with just our children. We voted and decided that we would just do dinner with our family. It was so nice to sit and talk with each other and laugh. Matt made a wonderful dinner! He is the best cook!
Matt then talked me into going to Black Friday at midnight. I wasn't feeling very good and didn't want to go, but he talked me into it. We drove over to Toys-R-Us and Matt took one look at the line, and pulled right back out and went home. He never listens to me because I told him it would be crazy! We went home and went back to bed for a few hours, and then we were right back up again to face the madness. I had a great day shopping with Matt! However, I will say.... we have some really cheap friends (you know who you are), that let's just say Matt turned into when Christmas shopping. I have never spent so many hours shopping for one particular thing in my life. I kept calling him....... well a four letter word that's not bad. I just thought I was married to someone else for a day. Anyway I personally loved this weekend with my family. We worked hard, and we played hard! I am so truly grateful for each member of my family!
Just a little note about Ashley that I always want to remember that happened this weekend.......She spent the day with my sister Terri while Matt and I went shopping. We picked up the kids late in the afternoon and dropped them off at home while we went to do some more shopping. When we came home late that night, Ashley had taped a picture up of Jacob Black (New Moon) above my bed. With a note that say's, here's your Jacob! I think I have been talking about his hot body in that movie a little too much! Anyway we came home to a clean house and a picture of Jacob above my bed. What could be better then that? We laughed so hard! But I truly am grateful that my daughter is always willing to work hard, and make us laugh!

2 comments:

Jules said...

hmmmm, who's cheap???? Tomarrow is Jeff's open house and I've been running around like a chicken...for the past couple days. I just wanted Ashley to know that Jeff thought about flying her up here just so she could watch the kids because she did such a great job that one time when she did it. Wish you guys were here!

Myra said...

You're too cute Ashley!