Voting

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas 2009

On Christmas Eve our family volunteered to serve meals at the homeless shelter. It was such a neat way to end our month of service and love, and a great way to start our Christmas morning. My eyes were opened to all of those wonderful people who came through those doors that night. It made me so grateful to have a family, and be thankful for what I do have, instead of what I don't! For that night I think my eyes were opened to Matt especially, as I saw the love in his eye's, and concern for other people. He even volunteered to help cook meals when needed at the last minute. The next morning I could tell he was deeply grateful, as he awoke first, turned on Christmas music (which is amazing for him), and made everyone hot chocolate. The experience that night affected all of us in different ways, but none the less, made us all the more grateful for wonderful family, friends, food, and shelter! I am ever so thankful to my Father in Heaven for the blessings that he has showered over my family, and I! In all of the posts below are my favorite things about Christmas this year, in a mismatched order!


I was so excited to give this gift to Ashley! I started this quilt when she was 5 yrs. old and never finished it. This is the quilt where I sent off a piece to family members to decorate, and they sent it back to add to the quilt. There are several family members who added to this quilt that have passed away or divorced. But none the less this is a family quilt that she will have for a lifetime. I love this quilt, and I am so thankful for those of you who contributed to it, for I know that Ashley truly treasures it!


Matt and Ashley kept riding the new scooters around the house! We kept telling Matt that there was a weight limit! Ha Ha! You see those pans in the background? We got them for Christmas, and I have already burned both meals that I tried to cook in them! Matt wasn't happy about that, and told me I wasn't allowed to cook with them, which is just fine with me!!



This is Ashley in her new dress from Uncle James. I think she looks like a lady in it! I found that it is extremely difficult to find modest dresses these days!


This is Ashley opening her new dress.



Kelsey was so excited for every single little gift and so were the boys! Christmas this year was so fun. I took more videos of the boys then pictures, and as soon as I figure out my camera, I will post them! I loved the holiday spirit that was everywhere this year! Andrew and Dayton loved the lights, I loved the music, the girls loved everything! And Matt, well he can be a grinch at times, but he tried so very hard this year! I felt as though all month we were happy and trying to enjoy that Christ like attitude! It truly was a great Christmas season!



No comments: