Voting

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas 2009

I try and make the whole month of December fun and one of service for the whole family. We did fun things and things of service for each member of the family. We drew a name from a hat and everyday we had to do something special for that person. The love I feel in my home every December is warming to my heart! Some of my favorite things this year.........


The girls had friends come over and make yummy treats that we shared with friends.


Andrew and Dayton weren't as creative as everyone else. But what can you expect from 3 yr. olds. Andrew did give a lot more hugs though!

I had Kelsey, and I tried to do some fun things like paint candy cane nails! They turned out so cute! Andrew decided this year that he doesn't like red and white candy canes, so he kept telling Kelsey to wash her hands! I also tried to make Kelsey feel special by spending a lot of time with her. I did her dishes a lot, gave her special treats, and wrote cute little notes for her!


This was a picture after visiting Santa Claus at the mall, they do make great little elf's! Ashley is too big of course to wear these corny hats. Note: Andrew and Dayton have fought all winter long about their coats that you see here, and why the other one won't share his, or if today he will. Now when you see twins wearing matching clothes, just know that maybe the mom just wants to avoid fighting over who wears what. Next year they will be the same without question!
We actually stood in line for 30 min. before seeing Santa fighting about you guessed it, coats!


This is our visit with Santa this year. Much better then last year! Andrew wasn't willing to sit on his lap, and Dayton was fine as long as Kelsey was holding on to him. The boys both asked for Transformers, Kelsey asked for art supplies, and Ashley asked for Clothes!
Some of my other favorite things this year that we did for each other, but I have no pictures of....
Matt had Ashley, and he would get up and make her muffins for breakfast. He made her hot chocolate to take to school in his mug (which is big for him, because the kids always lose them, so he doesn't let them take them at all). He did her dishes a lot, and just tried to spend more time with her. I was very proud of Matt this year because he always tries to participate, but this year he tried really hard with Ashley.
Kelsey had Matt, and everyday without fail there was a letter waiting for him on our bed. Her letters are so endearing, they could lift any ones spirit! As a matter of fact even though she drew Matt's name she wrote several letter's to myself! She also tried to help so much with the boys so Matt could study. She truly brings love into our home with her letters of love!
Ashley had my name, and she was so thoughtful. She would bring me a glass of water at night to put by my bed. She cleaned my bathroom, the kitchen, my bedroom, the living room, actually the whole house at times. She wrote sweet little notes and tried so hard to make me feel of her love!
And Andrew and Dayton had each other! I can tell you watching twins look out for each other is so special. I have loved having twins, but the joy only increases as they grow, and that special bond grows between them. They tried so hard to share and care for each other, and now that December is over, the concern they have for each other isn't ending! They fight so much, but they also want to help each other out when they are hurting or in trouble. They truly are a joy in our home.


No comments: